Just a gentle reminder: the vast majority of issues are not in the Elecraft
equipment.  Great gobs of personal time and frustration are saved by
looking FIRST to the mechanical, then third-party adjunct programs, then to
the manual (I know, I know, everyone HATES to read the manual).

If you are new to Elecraft equipment, then the order is FIRST to the
manual, then to the mechanical, then  to third-party adjunct programs. Get
a PDF copy of the manual, so you can use the search facities of the FREE
Adobe Reader to find stuff quickly in the manual. Suffer with the manual
for a few months. Ignore the headaches, PTSD, bleeding from the ears, and
mental illness issues reading the manual may cause. They are temporary and
will go away in a few years.

If you think about it, the K3 firmware has been undergoing continuous high
stress field testing and bug-fixing since 2008. Should one really
reasonably expect the K3 firmware to be sloppy at this point?

Good luck on all your issues, and may you please figure them out quicker
than I do  :>)

73, Guy K2AV.