Hi Andy,

The datasheet for the poly cap is shown here:
http://nichicon-us.com/english/products/pdfs/e-l8.pdf
The cap can be ordered from Digikey as p/n 493-4026-1-ND, or as part
of the Elecraft KBPF3MDKT modification kit.

The cap fits comfortably below the KNB3 board on both main and
sub-receivers.  Its outer surface is plastic coated, so there is no
chance of shorting out any PCB pads.  It's 8mm H x 8mm Diameter.

I performed the complete KPBF3 -> KBPF3A mod over the weekend.  I
haven't run an MDS test yet, but that'll happen this week.  Early
testing shows good results;  My older K3 is able to receive NDBs at
297 and 232 KHz, plus a lot of electrical noise from local sources.
Wayne's correct: The band noise level is fairly high below 450 KHz, at
least it is here.

73!
matt
W6NIA

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:34:40 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>It does not compute to order the kit as the postage is too high and the
>capacitors appear to be relatively easily available. So my question is what
>physical size is the 220mfd solid polymer cap used to bypass the zener in the
>BPF mods (enabling reception down to 500KHz). It would appear to be a 16v
>component but I guess 10v would suffice. Clearly it would need to be small
>enough to fit in the available space but without taking my K3 apart I cannot
>measure that readily, so if someone has one they could measure for me
>(diameter is critical as it lays on its side), that would be grand.
>Andy G4HUE
>K3 6990, P3 2493, KAT500 1245, KPA500 2102

>Message delivered to mzil...@roadrunner.com
Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
--
"Always store beer in a dark place."  -R. Heinlein