Last night during one of my frequent (at times) recharging of my KX3 batteries,
I noticed that the charging in a 4-hour cycle stopped with an error after about
2 hours.  The VFO-B display of menu status said ERR (probably battery ERR but I
forgot to write it down).

I took all the batteries out, 2700 mAH NiMH cells, and tested the voltage of
each one using DVM (so, no current draw test).  They all tested about 1.38
volts per cell which seems to be about right.

I put them back in to the KX3 but they would not power the KX3 — attempting to
turn on the KX3 failed.  I took those batteries out of the KX3 and put in
another spare set of batteries and they powered up the KX3 without problem.

Since these batteries are fairly new and maybe only have about two dozen
recharge cycles, I am curious as to what the problem might be and whether it is
a problem I can test (more than DVM voltage test).  Does anyone have any
advice.  I would hate to junk all 8 of them.

Another question:  does the life of a NiMH battery change based on whether a 4
hour or 8 hour charging cycle is chosen?

Thanks,

73, phil, K7PEH