I’m wondering what tests Electaft is suggesting?  Remember the QSK  (right side
of band-switch) has two settings Full and Simi.  Also in the Config menu CW QRQ
= ON, seems to help, gives you the + sign on the right bottom of the display.
My serial number 00069 seems to work as good as ever with 5.29 installed.
73,
Bill-AK5X