If you look at my (N1HEL) QRZ.com page, you will photos of my K-Line gear
arrayed in its "bookcase" structure, which is securely mounted to the
(extended) dinette table of my RV, which in turn is permanently braced and
bolted to the floor.  (The RV serves ONLY as a mobile comms van.)

The pieces sit atop non-slip rubber matting.  When I travel, I secure the
"tabletop level" gear (the K3/P3 on the left and my Astron on the right) by
means of bungee cords that run (a) from the front edge of the table to its
back edge, hooking into screw eyes on the front and back edges of the
table  (You can see the screw eyes in the last picture of the bunch.)
Shorter cords are used to secure the K500 and the tuner, which are on the
second level (left side) and my VHF/UHF gear, which is mounted to a plywood
board and sits on the top-left level.  For the high-levels gear, screw eyes
and S hooks on the edges of the shelves are user to anchor the bungee cords.

So far, the gear has seemed very stable under "bungee control," although I
must admit that I have only run on paved roads.  It takes me 5-10 minutes
to secure everything.

  -Paul, N1HEL