My only remorse was deciding to buy a loaded K3 two months before the K3S
came out...

But, such is life.

The true advantage is that Elecraft keeps their current users in mind when
they design new equipment.  Upgrades are indeed possible for older units.

I say that as I bid my K3 farewell on its 5 week voyage (1 week each way,
with approximately 3 wks of turn-around time) to the left coast for
upgrades.

I was asked about 10 years ago to moderate the Elecraft_K3 list, even though
I didn't own one.  So, I've at least been a part of the community for some
time.  I finally decided to become a participant-but my timing was two
months off :-( !

During that time, I have never seen a company that is not only USA based,
but has customer service that is better than I've seen anywhere.  That, and
the desire to keep their radio on the top of the heap while respecting their
longtime customers by offering upgrades.

Elecraft deserves our business!

'73 de JIM N2ZZ