nVSP (non-Virtual Serial Port) is a serial port router that runs on RaspberryPi and replaces Virtual Serial Port applications like LP-Bridge that run on Windows. Aside from my desire to avoid running a VSP for my LP-Pan/NaP3 panadapter, nVSP also translates the K3 CAT protocol to Icom CI-V frequency data for my PW1 amplifier. Alpha tests at two hams' stations using K3Ss, various logging programs, an LP-Pan/NaP3, and PW1s have been successful and I am now looking for a broader audience to test the program. The SteppIR controller interface has not been tested (don't have any SteppIR gear, but it should work).

If you have been unwilling or unable to install a VSP on your computer this free program may solve those problems.
Download the documentation and executable   nVSP.zip   here:
http://www.k8ut.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php

True Cost Disclaimer: nVSP is free but the associated RPi, cabinet, and multiple serial adapter cables will probably cost you between $125 and $175 dollars. Links to various suppliers are included in the manual.

-larry (K8UT)