Alan,

Since "optional" would be the idea, and that the P3 must know (or could
know) what mode the K3 is in, why not make it selectable if not in CW
mode?  It sure seems like us folks that want it to swap in and out, are
comfortable waiting a few seconds for the waterfall to update.
It seems half baked to me the way it is.  You already swap the
modulation waveform in and out, why not the rest?

Otherwise, is there a way to fire macros from the K3  to the P3 when
going from TX to RX and back?  Or maybe fire them from within the P3
itself?  Then I guess we could do it ourselves.

Warren, KD4Z