This is just for information, if you had planned to have a service update or
repair  done to your K3 before the big DX Contests (CQWWSSB) start up again
in late October you have probably missed the boat with Elecraft Service.

I sent my K3 in for repair four weeks ago (one week transit to west coast)
and last week I was told it would be on the bench this week. Now a week
later I'm told it will be on the bench hopefully next week (4 weeks) from
check-in time and best case a six week turnaround time for a repair.

When I got my RFA from Elecraft it was a 2 week back-log for repair and now
were at 4 weeks.

So, you may want to start looking for a repair service with faster
turn-around times in order to be ready for contest season.

73  Bill  W4RM