Hi all,

We have a new field-test release of KX3 firmware (rev. 2.34) that will let you
set power output as high as 10 watts with a supply voltage of as little as 10
volts. Previously, settings over 5 watts required a supply voltage of 11 V.

This change will be especially useful when the rig is powered by a 3-cell
Li-ion battery pack (typically three 18650 cells). Such packs initially put out
over 12 V, but quickly drop to about 11 V. By the time they get to 10 V,
they're nearing end of charge, and you really do want to drop to 5 W at that
point. But while they're in the 11-V range, up to 10 W is practical.

We still recommend the use of higher supply voltages when available. But you'll
now be able to get that extra 3 dB in the field when if really need it.

If you'd like to give this firmware a try, please email me directly. If I don't
get back to you, don't worry -- the new code will likely be promoted to beta
status early next week.

73,

Wayne
N6KR