Hi all,

after some discussion on Yahoo group list I was asked by some hams for more
details about the ESD mats and ESD tools for safe Elecraft kits assembling.

I do not understand all of the huge discussion on some forums and threats
about something which cost $25-$30 (compare to invoice for K3S kit...) and
which solving the ESD task forever...;) so I hope it helps:

1. The top layer must be dissipative
2. The bottom layer must be conductive
3. Its nice when its oil, grease and solvent resistant, high temp resistant,
acid
proof and knife cut proof material.
4. Mat must be connected to ground thru 1.5M resistor, NOT ditectly in order
to thru body current limitation if an accident!
5. Wristband is connected to mat in normal cases also thru 1.5M resistor.

Just few basic hints for all who would not like to just faith to be "lucky
user" when working with boards like K3S kit etc.

More info you can find here in my article:
 www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,84533.msg616867.html#msg616867

There is complete set with high resistant profi grade mat
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/10661

We still have them in radioclub´s stock available as we bought from supplier
big package in order to get good price. So don ´t hesitate to drop me an
email if you want them.

73 - Petr, OK1RP
STMicroelectronics
Laboratory test equipment,