Hi
I think I may have a problem somewhere in my audio chain. I say may because
what I'm seeing may be correct: I'm not sure.

I have a Windows 7 PC running DM780 with a Tascam US2X2 connected via a
20dB pad (10k/1k) to the Mic connector on the K2. I am using VOX, so
there's no other connection.

When I increase the Line Out on the Tascam to point at which the VOX
operates, I immediately see one bar on the ALC. The bar is pretty steady:
maybe very slight flashing. Regardless of further Line Out increases, I
never see more than one bar.

I understood that the drive level should be adjusted to the point of one
bar ALC and then backed off slightly so that ALC is only flashing
occasionally. If I back off even slightly, the VOX drops out.

Is this an artifact of the VOX? i.e. the VOX activation level is too high?
Is it an indication that the 20dB pad is too high? Or is this normal and I
just adjust Line Out until the VOX opens and then leave it there: even
though one bar of ALC is on.

73, Gareth - M5KVK