From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Luis
V. Romero
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:20 AM
To: Elecraft List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3: Cleaner audio with Yamaha CM500, also PTT

I have several CM500'ds and also a Koss SB40.  The Koss SB40 headset is
IDENTICAL to the CM500 in design and construction, except in one area:  The
Mic capsule. The Koss mic capsule is dynamic, not condenser.  It is also
HORRIBLE!  I believe it is a cheap earphone soldered up for mic duty.  It
sounds like absolute mud and no amount of eq in the K3 or with my outboard
equipment made it sound acceptably.

Lu Romero - W4LT