Dear B.S. . . .

1) Of course it's a marketing tactic. Businesses stay solvent /because/ of marketing tactics. What else is new and why be concerned about it?

2) The K2 is still in production because it's an entirely different radio requiring building skills rather than assembly skills. That appeals to some hams.

3) The K3S is an enhanced version of the K3. Only you, and not the reflector, can decide whether it meets your needs and fits your wallet.

4)  How you would quantify "2x" is beyond me.  Two handles instead of one?

73,

Kent  K9ZTV