The firmware version in my KX3 is MCU 02.33, DSP 01.33. The AGC (menu)
parameters are at their default values. If you turn off AGC (menu AGC MD) the
audio is fine. If you turn AGC on the audio is very clearly distorted on
signals stronger than about S7. The stronger the signal the worse the
distortion.

Using different sets of headphones or PC speakers of good quality makes no
difference. I have tried tweaking the AGC parameters (AGC*THR especially) and I
have backed up and restored the configuration with the utility PC program.
Switching between 14 V and 12 V power supplies seems to make no difference.
What else can you do? Unfortunately, this issue takes the joy out of using the
otherwise great radio.

73, Juhani OH5YU