Doug,

It may be possible that the CW monitor volume was turned to zero. Setting the monitor volume in CW mode also sets the button feedback tone volume.

73,

Dwayne WV5I

On 8/23/2015 1:39 PM, Doug Wetzel wrote:
Apologies if this has been covered before.

My K3 button tone has decided to retire without warning.  Turning the
config setting on and off has no effect.

Tried hard reset, which works to re-enable the tone, but reloading the
saved config kills it again.

I know the end answer to this is likely to be, "Suck it up and manually
reset all your configs after a hard reset, then save that config."

Is there a magic incantation I can use to get this annoying little glitch
solved before diving off that cliff?

Thanks all!!!

Doug
K7IP