From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Walter
Underwood
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 12:39 AM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Icom IC-7300

I apologize in advance if this is getting far off topic, but there is a blog
that reviews audio equipment purely on the basis of "knob feel". It is
deeply silly, but you know, I can't really disagree. There are lame knobs,
good knobs, and great knobs. The feel of a big audio variable attenuator?
That's a sweet knob, hard to replicate in the digital era.

We need to set this dude up with some amateur radio equipment.

http://knobfeel.tumblr.com/

wunder
K6WRU
CM87wj
http://observer.wunderwood.org/ (my blog)

On Sep 3, 2015, at 8:01 PM, Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> Each to his own, but I find touchscreens to be 'bothersome' - real buttons
with tactile feedback and real knobs do much better for me.
> I have tried tuning with the mouse scrollwheel, but find it cumbersome.
For my radio, give me buttons and knobs - I can do the tuning and button
pushing "by feel" and it does not take my concentration away by having to
observe what I am seeing on the screen.

delivered to je...@carolinaheli.com