If Elecraft came out with a touchscreen transceiver I would buy it if they
maintain their usual standards of performance. And I don't think we have to
worry about that.

However, before Elecraft goes the touchscreen route I would much rather see
them use a colour LCD screen on their transceivers than the type they use on
the K3/K3S/KX3.  They are OK, but so much more could be displayed (or at least
less cryptically) when you aren't constrained by a predetermined display.
Firmware upgrades could give you new display options, like reducing the size of
one display item (or temporarily removing it) to give you more room to look at
something else!

That's the future I'd like to see!

73,

Ken Alexander