Hi GangI love using a Heil headset with the KX3 but wanted to try something
with a little more build quality.I have my old Bose X Aviation headset from my
flying days and set them up for the General Aviation plugs. They are really
comfortable well made and have active noise canceling built in. I have used
computer headsets with the K3 and the KX3 in the past and they have worked
fine.I tried this adapter from
sportys.comhttps://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/general-aviation-twin-plugs-to-pc-headset-adapter.html?___SID=U
It works fine with the KX3 and I get good audio reports. Just remember to
unplug it after use as the plugs are the power switch for the adapter. Its a
lot of cable but the adapter is solidly built and looks like it would last a
good long time. You need to turn on the bias in the KX3 for any pc headset to
work. Im sure David Clark GA headsets would work as well but I haven't tried
them yet. Im tired of the old Head clamps anyway.
George NE2I