Why fight with success?  IMHO, you'd never know the difference.

Wes N7WS
K3 S/N 2058
K3S S/N 10020

On 9/5/2015 6:03 AM, Bill wrote:
My K3 is from early 2012 - ser: 62xx. I don't contest or DX - just rag chew on 160/75/40 - makes a super 500 Watt station. Rarely do I touch any controls other than the VFO or band switch. My QTH is very low noise - typical local daytime noise level barely registers on the P3 (think S-0). Yeah, I know I, I could be using something that cost far less. I enjoy the Rolls Royce!

Now that there are a fair number of K3S rigs and modified K3 rigs in the field - there should be something for me to learn from the users.

Considering my use of the K3 and my QTH - what would I gain by installing the new synth (KSYN3A) in the existing K3? I am looking for real-world 75 meter LSB experience. Wife says go for the K3S if I want to, but I think it is overkill for what I do. Yankee cheap I guess.