Exactly right, Wes. The 10 dB rule-of-thumb is a *minimum* and it would be
better if the measuring instrument were more than 10 dB better.

I'm not sure that the Flex radio originally mentioned meets that phase noise
requirement. If its phase noise is on par with the K3's then it's not suitable
for an accurate phase noise measurement. Depending on the numbers, you *might*
be able to say "A is better than B," but you couldn't say how much better with
any certainty.

Al  W6LX

___