When I got my K3, the spot in the backlog brought me to less than 10 away
from having the same number on my K3 as my K2. I called up and asked if I
could have it. So both K2 and K3 are #1239. Means absolutely nothing but it
seemed cute at the time.

I bought my K2 used. It was the older board and had just about nothing in
the way of options. I did ALL the A board to B board modifications and
filled it up with options. The difference before and after, particularly
with the DSP added, was rather astounding. I've done the CQ160 CW QRP with
it since and it was fine.

I kept it at 10 watts with the battery in it. It is an excellent portable
rig with the 10 W antenna tuner in it. I also have the 100 watt amp and
antenna tuner in an EC2 for base station use in SO2R with my K3.

73, Guy K2AV.