Considering the charges Romeo has been convicted of and the charges he's
Awaiting trial on, he may not see the light of day in this century.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Fred
Jensen
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2015 4:36 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] (OT) Touchscreens

The P5 would likely be Romeo ...

Seriously, touchscreens vary greatly, and a great deal seems to depend on
the underlying software controlling and sensing it.  ATM's are almost
completely foolproof.  They tend to have a small number of large touch areas
on a screen.  My Kindle Fire HD is OK, it's big enough that the "keyboard"
has big enough touch areas for one with arthritic fumble fingers like me,
however it's spell "correct" will make you look like you just arrived from
another sector of the galaxy.  My Samsung Galaxy 5 has a smaller keyboard of
course, but surprisingly, I can text at a reasonable rate with my two
largest digits and not make a lot of misteaks.  Most will be corrected
properly.

Daughter bought a new laptop with Win 8.  Wow!  Many years ago, an earnest
2Lt described LAPES [it Googles fine] which we were going to use to get our
gear out of the C-130 on missions.  When he finished, one of my troopers put
up his hand and when called on asked, "Just how drunk were the guys when
they invented this."  Applicable to Microsoft and Win
8 too.

Fred K6DGW
--Northern California Contest Club
--CU in the Cal QSO Party