Ted,

Good analysis, but I do wonder about the input data. Of course, I don't know what options you have. But it could take you longer to build it. If you stretch the fun out to 160 hours, you'll be close to the $10 an hour she's using as a baseline :-) That way you can convince her that the money is, indeed, well-spent!

73, Phil W7OX