      From: roger wood <roger.w...@ieee.org>
 To: Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2015 1:24 PM
 Subject: [Elecraft] K3: reverse 12 volt supply

I managed to connect a 12 volt car battery backwards to the K3.

There was a lot of smoke and the breaker popped.  The RX and TX appear to
have survived, however the internal 100 Watt amplifier now shows an
over-current fault and quickly switches off.  I haven't dared open it up
yet - far too depressed now. I'll leave it till next  weekend.

Any comments on what I might expect to find inside and how to idiot-proof
it for my future operation?

73
Roger
KK3RW / G3WEW