I’d challenge anyone to make a perfect clone of the SP3 speaker, and do it for
less.  Sure, a offshore company might be able to make a close copy and sell for
less, but that is likely due to the abysmal compensation paid to many workers
there.

If you were to build an SP3 yourself, it’s not merely the cost of components
and materials, but also the cost of tools (fine, if you have them already)  and
the time it takes to build and test it.  Yes, it might be “fun” to build it,
but the fact is you are paying for your labor… in time that is taken from some
other enterprise.  Time is money, too.

And, you would have to include the time it takes to plan (engineer), gather
materials, and the place where you will build it.
All of those tend to be invisible costs, but they are costs.  I’m sure many
people would prefer to take advantage of the economies of scale, and let
Elecraft make the speaker for them.

Of course, everyone lives on some sort of budget, and the price of the SP3 puts
it out of reach for some people.  As mentioned, I think the market will decide.

73 de Ray
K2ULR
KX3 #211… and no need for the SP3.