> Plus, the required RF sample and IF frequency data is being
> delivered by the radio to the P3 for tuning right now, isn't it?

No, the RF sample in transmit is diode demodulated (TX Mon).

When I want to see my transmitted waveform, I will just rig up a
serial switch to disconnect the serial port to P3 and view them that
> way at a reduced level via IF bleed through.

The IF sample in transmit is potentially distorted transmit IF
signal *leakage* through other circuits that does not reflect
any contribution from the driver or KPA3.

I shouldn't have assumed that the SDR functionality within P3 would
have allowed both time and frequency domain displays of transmitted
waveforms, even though I can see time domain waveforms on receive in
both SSB andRTTY today.

The P3 specifications make it clear that one should not have expected
that.  Even if one were to add input switching to select between a
directional coupler sample in transmit and the IF in receive, the
frequency range of the P3 is limited to 21.7 MHz.  It could not cover
the entire 100 KHz to 54 MHz of the base K3 much less the 2 meter
transverter.

Or just use my WinRadio SDR receiver as a SA.

Yes, with a directional coupler and appropriate attenuator.  I have
done that with my SDR/IQ for MF and HF but the SDR/IQ does not cover
six meters.

Just seems silly to have to do all of that when I have a P3 just
sitting there...

It would be possible if the P3 had the frequency range but it doesn't.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV