Hi Keith,

This all seemed pretty simple on our end:

- We've been asked a gazillion times for a matching speaker

- We worked with a speaker design expert to do the acoustic design,
  adding a versatile mono/stereo A/B switch for station integration

- We kept the price as low as we possible could, given the high parts cost
  for a rugged, all-metal enclosure w/tilt stand that matches the K-Line
  (and would be suitable for space-saving DIY built-ins like a 12-V UPS)

The result is the SP3. I wish we could price it like a pair of typical
medium-power entertainment speakers, but that isn't possible given the
packaging requirements.

So, yeah....the volume of traffic on this subject is a bit surprising.

Yet, just as a volcano must erupt periodically to release tensions beneath the
surface, so must an email forum periodically bubble and froth to satiate its
hunger for intrigue and controversy ;)

Wayne
N6KR