Jer,

Congratulations on the work you have reported so far. I hope the rest of the assembly goes well and you find no problems.
Is there a chance that your TCXO is already mounted on the KREF3 board?

My only comment is that I do not like to have any magnetic tools or trays (or anything else magnetic) on my workbench. They pick up bits and pieces that I do not intend and can sometimes inadvertently operate relays when not wanted. Of course, I am working with a variety of equipment, so my situation is different than only assembling a K3S, and I do have little bits and pieces (cutoff leads, etc) laying around on my workbench. Speaker magnets are an irritation that I can do little about, so I place them away from my work area.

I do keep an old Weller soldering gun next to the workbench and its only task is to demagnetize my tools when they begin picking up bits.

73,
Don W3FPR