My "gallon size" dummy load is not a Heath, but that was inspiration for mine. I came across a bunch of 620 ohm 20 watt carbon resistors a long time ago. I wired 12 of them in parallel and put them into a gallon can of mineral oil. That dummy load still measures 51 ohms over the bands from 80 thru 10 meters with a minimal amount of inductance - and it is over 40 years after I first built it.

I figure since it will do 240 watts in open air, in the oil, it should take the legal limit for relatively short periods, but I have not subjected it to more than 500 watts.

Yes, I have heard stories about how the Heath resistors changed value, but my 'substitute' has not changed over the years.

73,
Don W3FPR