I suspect you may be right. It is just my personal policy to check QRZ for address confirmation before completing any transaction with another ham. It is just an added measure of confidence to me. The fact the gentleman had no address information on QRZ certainly could be as you say or as one other person suggested, the call sign was highjacked. I rarely sell except when updating my station and always use PayPal. If the buyer doesn't like PayPal then there is no sale. I ship when PayPal has the funds in hand, and I follow up with the tracking information to PayPal as proof of shipment. I also tell my buyer he has 7 days to return the item to me in original condition for a full refund if he/she is not completely satisfied. So far it has all worked for me and I have not suffered any loss in the few internet sales I have made.

Jim, W4ATK