Jer,

Which DATA sub-mode were you in? For RTTY, you would normally be in AFSK A and then you could activate the dual tone filter. I believe most use MMTTY for RTTY, but HRD/DM780, Fldigi and other waterfall oriented software can work as well. In AFSK A (or FSK D) the K3 is in LSB (normal for RTTY) unless you activate REV, and the K3 dial frequency is the mark frequency. Make certain that the mark frequency and rate in the K3 menu agree with your software application settings.

Other soundcard data modes normally use DATA A where USB is the normal sideband.

73,
Don W3FPR