> #4 is easily reproduced.  In SSB mode, activate the PTT.  Push the REV key,
> and one of two things happens:
> if you keep the radio keyed, ERR PTT shows on VFO B until you unkey it, then
> its followed by ERR KEY.
> Happens with any key that doesn't function when you're transmitting.  When it
> happened during the RTTY contest,
> the K3 would stop transmitting, ERR PTT would show for about 5 seconds, then
> followed by ERR KEY for
> about another 5 seconds.  Then I could transmit again.

Dennis,

This was indeed a bug. Thanks for catching it.

These error messages (ERR PTT/ERR KEY) were only intended to appear in the case
where PTT-KEY via a PC is in use, and the operator is trying to escape such
keying by tapping the XMIT switch (one way to exit transmit). While an error
message is displayed, the user can even go into the menu and turn off PTT-KEY
if necessary. If this makes the error message disappear, then you know your PC
is what was keying the rig.

The fix will be in the next K3/K3S firmware release.

73,
Wayne
N6KR