Don —

I have just had a back-and-forth with Elecraft Parts about the same
question.

The K2 Manual, dated March 2012, lists for C44, C46, C32, and C34 trimmers
p/n E540001, 5-30pF.  However, Revision I-3 dated September 1, 2015, lists
for C32 and C34 p/n E540002, 10-50 pF; and for C44 and C46, p/n E540001,
5-30 pF.  What I received in a kit ordered on Sept. 7 was apparently what
the I-3 Revision called for - there were two white ceramic and two bright
red plastic trimmers, with no markings on either to say which was which.
When I inquired, Parts told me (two days ago) that the red plastic
trimmers were p/n E540001, and that (here’s the quote), "we'll send the 4
E540002 trimmers. The E540001 trimmers are obsolete and you can use the
E540002 trimmers in place of them.”

Taking this together with your note leaves me wondering . . . Help?

As an aside, the C21 and C23 values are listed in both the Manual and the
Revision as p/n 540000, 8-50 pF.

Ted, KN1CBR