stayed with ANT-1. In fact, it stays on whatever I manually move it to.

I also have ANT3 which is a cantenna dummy load kludge, fwiw.

Using the KAT500 Utility I verified that 6m has "Enabled" both #2 and
#3. 6 has #2 "Preferred" .

10m, and all HF, has #1 and #3 "Enabled" and #1 Preferred.

Inside the KAT500 utility I can switch Auto, manual and bypass.It seems
I have full control of the KAT500 with the utility.

I removed DC power from both K3 as well as KAT500 after checking.

Summary is no matter what band I select on the K3, the KAT500 doe not
follow.

What can I check, here, to see why the antenna tuner no longer
automatically switches when I change bands?

Bob KD7YZ
www.qrz.com/db/kd7yz
AmSat LM#901