Take a look at antennalaunchers.com for a good pneumatic launcher. I have no pecuniary interest but have know the owner for 40 years now and love the launcher.

Rick nhc

On 10/5/2015 2:10 PM, Phil Hystad wrote:
I was going to add my own comments to the original question but I don’t see how
I can do anything better than
Jim’s comments below.

Well, maybe just one thing…

I have a Buddipole and I kind of like it.

It works great in some situations where the other methods are not as easy to
accomplish.

I used to do wires up in trees (using a sling shot with fishing line although I use
a Bow & Arrow
at home — I also have trees on the property).  And, I had a 30 foot push up
fiberglass pole that I used as the center for an inverted 20-meter Dipole which
is easy to put up.  I have a mount I made (or, I used to) fastened on the back
of my pickup truck for the pole giving it another 3 feet.  I need to fix up a
new mount though as I junked the previous one.  Of course, this works only when
you use your pickup truck as the base station but I am portable in the field
doing that (while my wife is busy photographing birds).  Unfortunately, I broke
the fiberglass pole and need to get a new one someday.

However, now that I am more experienced with the Buddipole and I have my own
extension mast that I use at times, it is not a bad deal.  I operate almost
always 20 meters though.

But, nothing can beat the cost of wires in trees and if you had to buy pushup
fiberglass pole, that is still cheaper than a Buddipole.

73, phil, K7PEH