Hi Bob
The phones I use have separate mic and phones plugs - I'm only plugging / unplugging the phones. And the phones aren't the problem since it all works fine in normal phone transmit. The problem (stopping the rig from transmitting) only arises when playing a DVR message.

I tap MSG, hold 1 or 2 for a message to be repeated. While transmitting, I unplug the headphones (or plug them in if previously unplugged). This causes it to stop transmitting, the KX3 display goes blank for a moment (scary!) then returns on receive.

Can anyone else duplicate this problem?

Graham