Drifting back to the technicalities of flowing electrons:

Nine electric cars operated on the streets of Paris, France between 1835
and 1839.  The biggest problem with them was the inefficiency of the
electric batteries - likely a variation of Volta cells.  The biggest
problem with current electric vehicles (cars, golf carts, etc.) is....?

Common batteries of today have:   Cell Voltage     Specific Energy of MJ/kg
Ni Cd                                                1.2
    0.14
Lead - Acid                                        2.1
  0.14
NiMH                                                1.2
  0.36
Li Ion                                                3.6
    0.46

Interesting things can be accomplished by arranging cells either in series,
parallel, or combination.

To use these cells to perform work we need to remember Amps * Volts = Watts
for Simon Watt of steam engine fame.  We also need to remember Entropy
Theory - energy goes from highly organized state to disorganized state.  A
lump of coal is relatively organized state and carbon dioxide gas is
relatively disorganized state after combustion of coal.

We can in a small, localized area (neighborhood) concentrate energy, for
example re-charging a battery; by increasing the entropy, disorganization
of the energy in the universe by generating electricity - nuclear, coal
fired, natural gas fired, solar, wind powered steam generator powered
electric plant.  In all of these we have mostly waste heat, line losses,
circuit losses, etc. to charge/recharge batteries, followed by waste heat,
line losses, etc. to put the stored energy to work.  After which we repeat
the process to recharge the batteries.

Am I an advocate of going back to hunter/gatherer life style?  No
Am I saving up for a KX3 with match box and battery pack?  Yes

Any unglazed eyes left?

73 Lee N0RRL