I have K2 #4456 that is generating a tone starting at 14360.66 kHz and ending at 14365.65 kHz. The tone is adjustable by both AF and RF gain controls...

Hi Ken,

You'll notice that the birdie in question is well outside the ham band, which ends at 14350. That was our criteria when selecting what I.F. to use.

The K2 uses a high dynamic range, single-conversion superhet architecture with a low I.F. This means that some birdies will appear somewhere in the HF spectrum -- it is simply unavoidable with high-level mixed signal sources (VFO and BFO in this case). We could have used extensive shielding of all subassemblies, but this would have greatly increased the cost of the radio.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---