I agree 100% with you and would be a buyer, but Eric closed this thread.
Fred N0AZZ

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone--------
Original message --------From: Jeff Cathrow <cathrowinternatio...@hotmail.com>
Date: 10/15/2015  11:43 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Elecraft Digest
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] New Product Idea - 2 Meter
 I really like the idea of an "Elecraft 736R" deluxe version that would cover
all the bands from 6M, 2M, 135cm, 70cm to 903 and 1296mHz without the
complications of outboard transverters, and sequencers.  Imagine!

"Introducing the satellite-capable Elecraft KV/U3S;  MSRP $2595 kit/$2950
factory-built" (realistically, we must make this a totally worthwhile business
venture for Wayne and Eric in order to gain their attention first and foremost).

Put it in a proper (K3S) size enclosure, give it all-mode capabilities and
decent power---at least 10 watts on the highest bands.

While this idea may not seem worthwhile or feasible at first; just imagine the
commotion it would make in the amateur radio market.   Such a revolutionary rig
would totally re-invigorate an otherwise dormant segment of amateur radio and
give new Technician class hams a great rig with many bands to experiment with
and enjoy.   All of these VHF and above bands are not so affected by the
sunspot cycle so many could enjoy another realm of DXing, contesting,
rag-chewing as well as emergency communications if the need arose at any time.

I got my ticket in 1996 just so I could chase DX on 6M.  I had so much fun and
success on 6 (and 144, 222, 432 and 1296 later on) that it wasn't until 2010
that I upgraded my ticket so as to enjoy HF as well.

With the K3S Elecraft has now taken HF rigs about as far up the refinement
ladder towards perfection as is possible; now it is time to advance the
state-of-the-art in the VHF-UHF and microwave arena and get things rolling
there again.

If you build a freeway in the middle of nowhere it won't be long before it
fills up with traffic;  thus I bet dollars to doughnuts that a KV/U3S rig would
sell like virtual hotcakes and its presence would stimulate a return to the
extra short waves in no time at all.

I propose that Elecraft put a poll on their website where we could be counted
as potential purchasers for such a rig.  I'm sure there's a lot of us diehard
VHFers that would hock our grandmothers to purchase one if it ever came to
reality!

Hope this idea takes root in Aptos.

Optimistically,

Jeff,   NH7RO