Item 1. - Go to Config menu then Waterfall menu and then FFT. Set the limit values to 100 Hz Lower Limit and 3000 Hz Upper Limit.

Item 2. - As to TX hanging, I suspect the audio level out of the computer is too high, thus the residual noise from the computer is tripping the VOX in the SignaLink USB. I suggest operating the Windows Sound mixer as such level the SignaLink PTT LED comes on and is stable. Usually less than 50%. From there adjust the TX Level on the SignaLink to get the proper drive to the radio. In general the TX Level on the SignaLink should be about 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock position. Then adjust the gain on the radio to get 4 bars indicated on the ALC scale with the 5th bar flickering.

Item 3. - Basically NO. Go to Config menu then Waterfall menu and then Transmit and set the Transmit Signal level to about 0.25 to 0.5. If you see issues there, then likely audio to the radio is too high or the computer sound card is being over driven.

Item 4. - Also open the Rig Control panel and make sure that both PTT Tone on Right Channel is not checked and that Use Separate Serial Port for PTT is not checked. The SignaLink will supply a PTT command to the radio from the internal VOX operation. Also be sure VOX on the radio is off.

73
Bob, K4TAX