As supplied, both my k3 internal transverters with my K3 (notS) produced
6.5w at 145Mhz and 8.5W at 147MHz. After discussion with Elecraft support,
and some coil squeezing both now produce 9w at 144.3Mhz (enough to drive my
LDMOS amp) and 6w at 147MHz (not a problem as the upper part of the band is
now of no interest)

What is more annoying with the internal xverter is that the power knob when
fully clockwise produces 9W,  but when fully counterclockwise it still
produces 1W (ie you cant reduce it to zero). (on no other band on a k3 can
you not reduce the output to zero) If you set the xv power to -10dB fully,
counterclockwise produces 0 output power but 1 "notch" clockwise and all
higher settings produces 1W. The XV 1mW also has the same dynamic range
issue. The problem was raised with Elecraft support a year ago but the
solution is still awaited

Dave
G4FRE

Just setting up my K3s
The 2M xvtr will only give me about 5W max output not 10W. This was a
factory installed option, and I don't want to go through a re cal right
away.

I also need to be able to adjust the 2M output from 1-10 W as a driver for
my PA for EME. I find that the power adj on the K3s only allows me to
reduce the full output of 5W to 0 as one step as i reduce the IF drive
level in small amounts. So the 2M output is either 0 or 5W with little
adjustment between.

Any ideas?

Howard AE3T