A modestly priced stereo voice recorder that I use for other things (Olympus
WS-812) could easily do a 48 hour contest.  Held in a wooden jig with an ear bud
adjacent each mic it will do a good job.  The thing it lacks is a quick way to
search.  Over 48 hours there would be some timing error in playback mode, but I
suppose some sub-audible codes could be imposed onto the recording from an
independent clock timer if this were crucial.

Incidentally, I've often thought this would be useful for training purposes.

David

G3UNA