Does the 7851 come pre-installed as a mobile rig in a car for that price? I'd
think you could close to buy a nice Elecraft rig, a recording device (if
needed) for contests, AND a decent used car for that money. That is, unless
you want to pretend that you're a commercial airline pilot with all those
buttons and knobs. For me, by the time I got everything adjusted the way I
wanted on that rig, the station I was trying to work would be long gone. TNX
to Elecraft for sticking with clean and simple (by comparison with the 7851
et al) easy to use front panel layouts....

73, Al