I'd be careful what I asked for. Sma connectors are way more difficult to connect than TMP. In close quarters almost impossible to turn the nut on a sma and the fine thread has to be exactly aligned. I have two custom-made tools for doing that and that is not always good enough.

Better would be one of the miniature mw connectors that just push-on. But cost comes into the design consideration. These TMP are used in many radios for low-level RF connections that are hardly ever disconnected (except for maintenance or upgrades).

What you are doing is making upgrades which most hams never will do with other brands (they get to buy new rigs instead). Be glad you are not asked to solder sm parts to make the upgrade!

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: