OK, sounds like you're off and running on your quest to get remote control.
Your recent reply suggests you have questions about other aspects of remote
control than just K3 power control. Here's what I do; there are dozens of
other options:

I use a remote power switch (webpowerswitch.com) to control ham shack
devices. It presents a Web page for access - very nice. Stuff I often
control, like the rotor controller and the DC PS, are accessible to a
normal log-in ID on the switch. I also set up an admin ID which has sole
access to stuff that I usually leave turned on - a local computer, the
modem and the router. I occasionally (very rarely) need to power cycle
those devices but I don't want them turned hard off accidentally because
then I can't get back in via the Internet. (Learned that by experience.
Fortunately, I found a neighbor who was willing to go in to the house and
restart it all!)

I have two band decoders, one for each rig when I'm local and operating
SO2R. When operating remote, however, only Rig A is accessible. I move the
Rig B decoder over in parallel with the Rig A decoder, giving me a choice
of two different amps.

I also have a remotely controlled DC relay board (Velleman K8090) that
controls power to band decoders and switches band segments on my 80M rotary
dipole. I have some other chores in mind for the remaining four relays.
That board is controlled by a program that must run locally, so I access it
via Chrome Remote Desktop to the local, always-on computer.

My antenna switching is via band decoders driven by the ACC connector band
data lines. The decoders drive a Six Pak antenna relay box through a diode
matrix that lets me use various multi-band antennas. The decoders also
drive bandpass filters but those are irrelevant when I operate remotely
because I'm SO1R in that case.

The local, always-on computer is a $200 surplus Dell OptiPlex runnning Win
XP that almost never fails, hardware or software, and self-reboots when
powered up after a power failure. It also supports the server sides of
KPA500 Remote, KAT500 Remote and PstRotatorAz. I run the corresponding
client sides on a computer at the control site. The Alpha 87A control
program has no client-server support, so I access it, like the DC relay
board, directly via Remote Desktop. (There is a third-party client-server
control app for the 87A but I haven't made it work yet.)

Lots of options - it's a challenging but rewarding exercise in system
integration.

GL & 73,

/Rick N6XI

--