I recall building a transmitter many years ago using a good old 807, anyway
I put one of the caps the wrong way round on the HT side and when the
transmitter was fired up it was like one of those party poppers going off!
Never did find the aluminum can that was part of it! Lots of nice oily paper
floating around thou !
Good luck and hope it all goes well for you
Paul
M0BMN