Cathy,

Before desoldering the thermistor board, check all other places the 8B
voltage line appears carefully for solder splashes (U8, C103, C175, RFC16,
Q19 drain, U6 pin 8, etc - check the schematic for the questionable places).

Sometimes it is possible to examine the solder side of the thermistor board
more closely by removing the control board and the front panel.

Should you have to remove the thermistor board, plan on soldering on new
longer leads before re-inserting it - I find it much easier to replace the
leads with new ones rather than trying to struggle with putting the short
ones back into the 8 holes.

73,
Don W3FPR