I recently came up with a unique way to tame bugs with dots too fast.
I milled a 7/16" steel rod in a way that allows it to clear
the damper with  one small weight attached to the  end.    The
entire assembly moves from the front to the back of the dot  arm.
The bug I was trying to tame sent dots at 30wpm with two weights
and now it sends from about 10wpm to 28 wpm
with the one weight.    Its unique in that the extender moves  back
and forth on the dot arm just like you would move a weight.

Here are some pictures of the prototype showing one that has been
extended about  2" past the end of the dot arm and another  without
the added extender.     The 2" extension  can be  removed easily as
its threaded into the end of the steel arm.  It requires some  milling
along with two threaded holes.   So is fairly easy to  construct.

Frank W7is

http://www.pbase.com/300f28lis/speed_key