Hi

I thought I had a similarly problem with my recent build K2 (5324) but it
was me, if your using the Tune Button to key the transmitter you will find
this happens just as you have written, the tune button bypasses the power
control circuits and the power level will jump all over the place , the
power control will seem to be very erratic and not smooth, if this is the
case for you, plug a key in the k2 and use that, when I did it was perfect.
I hope that’s your problem too.
Good luck
Paul
M0BMN